This is, as far as I could reasonably find, the last 2013 RA Tech full bolt kit in stock anywhere. I tried a few sites that showed it in stock but was told it would have to be ordered from RA Tech and delivered to me....which isn't in stock. I have been after once since I bought my first 416 a while back but it was always out of stock when I was interested in buying one. This has the redesigned NPAS which features a small stud which holds the NPAS in place while it is adjusted vs the old one which needed to be held with another tool. It is a work of art and the tolerances are amazing. Despite the rails being aluminum on steel and there being no lubricant on it the nozzle slides perfectly smooth. Yay CNC machines. I gave it to a co-worker who was in the Army and who knows nothing of airsoft, and he couldn't believe it was going in a toy gun. I also discovered my trademarked 416 is a Wetti ACH version, which means it's anodized instead of painted. Cool I guess.
Finally tried that whole white background thing. I have some shadows because I don't have a back light, but it works. I tried Photoshoping them out but it ended up looking like I cut the whole thing out of a busy background.
While I was at it I picked up an RA Tech complete trigger box. I had heard the RA Tech trigger is too tall, but these being the new 2013 parts I'm hoping they fixed it. If not, I know a guy. Now all the parts that matter are good quality steel. No more pot metal.
I haven't yet. He will be dropping it off to me soon as he wants steel trigger parts installed. He said he loved it though. Thanks for the mag too, I really appreciate it. I combined it with another busted mag I got and made a working one.
New pictures. The lower swap is complete. Only issue was the firing pin being too thick which happened on the first pin too. A few minutes with a Dremel on a plunge router table and it's all fitted. Still no idea if the hammer is going to clear. Will find that out soon.
I'm on the hunt for someone who can CNC a hop up for me from billet aluminum or steel.
Top is the WE body which is just painted, bottom is the WETTI ACH body which is anodized....and has trades.
Close up of the anodizing next to my real Magpul ASAP.
The WETTI ACH rail has index numbers where the WE doesn't.
Photobucket murdered this picture, don't know why it keeps uploading it like this. Anyway, current state. Should have the upper done pretty soon.
My closed bolt has the HK logo on it but unfortunately won't work. I would like to have it put on, but I don't know how willing a shop would be to do it seeing as it's illegal. Anyone ever had trademarks put on something? Anyone know a good shop?
You buy the machine, and I'll buy you the case of beer. That's a good deal right there.
Project is finished. The bolt cycles beautifully and only required 1mm shaved off the part that butts against the mag. Looks like the 2013 version has most of the kinks worked out. I'm in talks of having a chamber and hop up CNC'd from aluminum, so hopefully that works out.
I took a video instead of pictures. I'm running a heavy break in lube (heavy weight silicone and a light grease) to help the aluminum nozzle become friendly with the steel bolt. Will change the lube out for medium weight silicone after a game or two. This was filmed in my basement at 60 degrees. Earlier today in the 80 degree heat the bolt cycled much faster. I think I might just have to sell all my AEG's now. It's true, once you go GBBR you can't go back....
My HK45 is finally complete. I just finished installing a set of Meprolight tritium night sights. The install was pretty tough because real steel sights are nothing like the airsoft version. To make matters worse, KWA did not get their rear sight to 1:1 and actually made it too large. This leaves a gap between the sight and the slide and I haven't yet figured out how to cover it up. I'm just really excited it all fit and I didn't destroy a brand new set of sights. As far as I'm aware this is the only HK45 replica with night sights which is cool. Yay for $1,000+ pistols.
Here is the gap. The shape is very awkward and doesn't leave much room for material. My first thought was to use my welder to build up some material then file it to shape, but that much heat might damage the tritium capsules.
I was all set to take a picture of my RS HK45 (it has the same sights), then I realized that it wasn't the gap on the side that you were taking about, rather it's the gap in front of the sight. I think I noticed that when I was comparing my KWA also, but it was so long ago I forgot. I may have to do this to my KWA also, looking at your pictures it's like looking at my RS. Great job!